A majority of highschool and school college students selected STEM as their No. 1 most well-liked profession path, in line with a survey of 11,495 Gen Z college students performed by the Nationwide Society of Excessive Faculty Students (NSHSS).
The 2022 Profession Curiosity Survey provides insights into what motivates an adventurous, civic-minded, involved, vocal, tech-savvy, rising workforce.
NSHSS is an instructional honor society that acknowledges and serves high-achieving pupil students in additional than 26,000 excessive colleges throughout 170 nations.
Born after 1997, Gen Z is considerably bigger than the generations that precede it, with greater than 90 million members, in line with Pew Analysis. With its oldest members simply 25 years outdated, many on this technology are making life-changing transitions: graduating highschool, attending school, and beginning their careers.
The survey highlights 5 themes that characterize Gen Z college students: Fairness for all, STEM and healthcare, love of studying, the world after COVID, and the setbacks of school debt.
Prime findings embody:
- Gen Zs are adventurers, however not loopy in regards to the world we reside in. Fifty-five p.c are considering residing and dealing on Mars or the Moon
- 70 p.c wish to journey internationally regardless of tensions (87percent of responses got here after the Russian invasion of Ukraine)
- Gen Zs wish to work at Spotify (strikes from #42 on the specified employer listing – to #3)
- Truthful remedy of all staff ranks #1 of all office preferences
- Forty-four p.c of school grads count on employers to assist pay their school loans
- Sixty-three p.c say they count on employers to supply in-person coaching